That's Pooh, not Palin. But it is time to refudiate our grievances and head off for summer adventures, like these day campers did last Wednesday. If you are not leaving town for mid-summer, pack a picnic and try a part of Prospect Park you've never explored before.
The park abounds in quirky activities--this weekend alone, there will be flax harvesting at the homestead and, speaking of do-it-yourselfing, "a DIY World's Fair of music and art" at the Bandshell (featuring folks named Cucu Diamantes, Les Nubians, Los Hanky Pankys, and Monsta X).
If you miss it, did you know there's a small but very serviceable Wednesday Greenmarket at Bartell Pritchard Circle (across from the movie theater)? Stroll on over and play peek-a-boo with the Yukon Golds.
- "When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
- "What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
- "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
- Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
"It's the same thing," he said."
- --A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh